This School receives the Scriptures as the inspired Word of God and the sole authority in matters of faith and practice. The church's understanding of Christian truth is herein contained by the following Declaration of Faith:
1. We believe that the Bible is God's Word, that it was written by men divinely inspired and that it is the supreme, infallible authority in all matters of faith and conduct. The Authorized King James Bible shall be the official and only translation used at Heritage Christian Academy.
2. We believe in God the Father, perfect in holiness, infinite in wisdom, measureless in power. We rejoice that He concerns Himself mercifully in the affairs of men, that He hears and answers prayer, and that He saves from sin and eternal death all that come to Him through Jesus Christ.
3. We believe in Jesus Christ, the eternal and only begotten Son of God, conceived of the Holy Spirit, of Virgin Birth, sinless in life, making atonement for the sins of humanity by His death. We believe in His bodily resurrection, His ascension and visible, premillennial return to the world, according to His promise.
4. We believe in the Holy Spirit who came forth from God to convict the world of sin, of righteousness and of judgment, and to regenerate, sanctify and comfort those who believe in Jesus Christ.
5. We believe that all men by nature and by choice are sinners, but that God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish but have everlasting life (John 3:16). We believe, therefore, that those who accept Christ as Lord and Saviour will rejoice forever in God's presence and those who refuse Christ as Lord and Saviour will be forever separated from God.
6. We believe in the church – a living spiritual body of which Christ is the Head, and of which all regenerated people are members. We believe that a local church is a company of believers in Jesus Christ, immersed in a credible confession of faith, and associated for worship, work, and fellowship. We believe that to these local churches were committed for perpetual observance, the ordinances of baptism and the Lord's Supper, and that God has laid upon these churches the task of proclaiming to a lost world the acceptance of Jesus Christ as Saviour, and the enthroning of Him as Lord and Master. We believe that all human betterment and social improvements are the inevitable by-products of such a Gospel.
7. We believe that every human being is responsible to God alone in all matters of faith; that each church is independent and autonomous and must be free from interference by any ecclesiastical or political authority; that therefore, church and state must be kept separate as having different functions, each fulfilling its duties free from the dictation or patronage of the other.
8. We believe that God wonderfully and immutably creates each person as a male or female. These two-distinct, complementary genders together reflect the image and nature of God and the rejection of one’s biological gender is a rejection of the images of God within that person. (Gen. 1:26-27)
9. Heritage Christian Academy is a uniquely religious, educational institution that seeks to provide a quality education in a distinct Christian environment. One of the goals of Heritage Christian Academy is to work with parents and guardians to train Christian young men and women to be salt and light in their communities. Heritage Christian Academy believes that the Bible is the inspired Word of God and sets forth absolute truth by which Christians are to live. Heritage Christian Academy expects and requires that both students and parents will support the school in its distinct mission and its Biblical beliefs.
In relying on the teachings of Scripture, Heritage Christian Academy believes that the Bible prohibits sexual immorality of any type, including but not limited to pornography, homosexuality, or any other sexual activity outside the marriage of one man and one woman. On those occasions in which a particular home or student is acting counter to, or in opposition to the Biblical beliefs and lifestyle that the school teaches, the school reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to refuse admission to an applicant or to discontinue enrollment of a current student. This includes, but is not limited to, living in, condoning, or supporting any form of sexual immorality; practicing or promoting a homosexual lifestyle or alternative gender identity; or otherwise having the inability to support the moral principles of the school as stated throughout this handbook. (Matt. 5:27-28; Matt. 19:4-6; Romans 1:26-27; I Corinthians 6:9, 13; 1 Tim. 1:10).